Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday Sketches (English Summer Tea Party)

Just a quick little note tonight as it's already late and I'm exhausted...well, we both are. Today we hosted our 2nd annual summer English Tea Party and it was absolutely wonderful! Michael made his famous lemon shortbread and was in charge of all the traditional English sandwiches. For me, I made my popular traditional English raisin scones and a savory leek and tomato quiche'. Also available for our guests were mini salmon cakes with feta cheese and spinach tucked inside and a fabulous homemade Victoria Sponge cake by our favorite local bakeshop, The Little Bird Bakeshop.

Above is a doodle I tossed together prior to our party preparations. It's a bit rough but I so love how she turned out for being thrown together at the last minute. Hee

Michael and I will share more photos in the coming week of our party but until then, we are off to bed for some much needed rest! I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone. Happy SS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this wonderful art co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Right time for outdoor teaparty :) But in Sweden the flag would be blue with a yellow cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet sketch to commemorate your fabulous party, the food sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You call it 'rough', I call it sweet! I'm loving the little (bumble) bee :) On a side note, your garden looks like a wonderful oasis to rest and recharge in. Happy SS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketch is fantastic! The flags are just the perfect amount of color...or "colour" I suppose it should be, to keep with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of the video and photos you guys ut on stories on instagram were great :) looked wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can't wait to see more pictures!! what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I hosted one for my co-workers once in my garden and it was a huge success. Love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how charming the sketch is! It sounds like a wondrous event indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your lovely party place! It's so beautiful how you have decorated the garden and your recipes sounds so delicous. I also love the little lady you sketched. It would have been a wonderful invitation card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely sketch.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. this came out so well, as I noted on your IG too. Your sketches are so endearing. I love their looseness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like so much fun! I love your drawing! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig