Sunday, June 18, 2017

Sunday Sketches (Strawberry Sponge Cake)


We've a busy weekend as it is Father's Day. Michael plans to have breakfast with the youngest son and then in the afternoon, a cook-out with everyone to celebrate. It's extra-special this year as my step-daughter's husband will be enjoying his very first Father's Day with beautiful 8-month old twins!!

This quick illustration came about due to a photo Michael forwarded to me of a scrumptious looking Strawberry Victoria Sponge cake packed with cream. We had a delicious one made for our summer English Tea Party last weekend so wasn't aware he was wanting another one! In lieu of another real cake, I sketched out this darling guy who's about to enjoy his personal sponge cake for him instead. :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! I'll catch up later in the evening. Happy SS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this wonderful art co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. this cake tells me "summer". Our Fathers day are the first sunday in November. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute, and I'll bet that cake will be no match for him. Hope you and Michael have a lovely Father's Day cookout with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sketch and I enjoyed your warm Father's Day story to go with it, Happy day to Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mouth waters at the thought of such a delicacy and I wish you and your family the most delightful Father's Day. My family will be together and we too will eat foolishly, laugh and share the love we have for each other. We don't need an excuse to be this way, but it is fun to celebrate our Fathers who deserve our respect and recognition. Happy Father's Day, Alexandra.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you a happy Father's Day weekend! Love that cake illustration. It has me wanting some too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely sketch.
    Happy Sunday Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful painting! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another adorable creation ~ love the red hair, and expressiveness of the sweet face and the cake looks yummy ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can never have too much cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so cute...love the hair, and the dessert...yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Your illustration inspired Sofie and I to make a smaller, edible version last night using crystalized ginger cupcakes for two, sans frosting, and topping them with fresh strawberries from our garden and whipped cream! Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very special day!!! Your illustration is so cute! I love it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to send you a thank you for hosting this at blog co-op. I'm not very consistent with posting but I'll try to quiet the little monkey that whispers in my ear "who's going to read it anyways" etc. I just need to keep practicing, right?

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig